This talk was given by Daniel Stevenson, Business Development at Blissfully at SaaS Connect 2019 in San Francisco, March 26-27, 2019. Get the slides.
What SaaS are businesses using? Who’s buying and who’s in control of the SaaS inside their organizations?
Blissfully analyzed data from hundreds of companies to report on SaaS trends in adoption and usage they saw from 2018.
- Mid-sized companies on average changed 39% of their SaaS stack over the past year.
- 71% of companies have at least one subscription with no billing owner.
- The average company in 2018 spent $343k on SaaS, a 78% increase year over year.
- The average cost per employee for SaaS was $2,884. ($1,371 for companies with fewer than 50 employees)
- The average employee uses 8 apps.
- SaaS isn’t owned or controlled by IT. It’s spread through the organization, in particular engineering, sales, and business operations. In an average mid-sized company, SaaS has 32 different billing owners.