HubSpot started as an inbound marketing company to help marketers use inbound marketing successfully as a methodology, and their offerings included HubSpot Academy and software. Today, it has evolved into a full CRM platform.
Scott’s role at HubSpot is to build out the app platform ecosystem. He is the mastermind of a lot of the work that’s been done, and someone who’s been able to have a major influence in the development of that ecosystem for HubSpot.
This is what you can expect to hear about in this episode:
- The mechanisms of building an ecosystem on top of the HubSpot platform.
- Lesson learned, and how App Accelerator built and cultivated a cohort of integrations from zero. They started with eight participating companies and by the third accelerator, they had 60, eventually learning that 25 companies was ideal.
- What made HubSpot decide to not incentivise. (Hint: they only wanted people to build something if there was legitimately a real market opportunity…)
- How Scott’s history as an ISV contributes towards innovation in HubSpot’s ISV program.
- What one thing about App Accelerator that they did not anticipate but turned out to be one of the larger side benefits. (Hint: the feedback about how to improve the platform…)
- How HubSpot defines success according to Northstar metrics. (Hint: active installs with customers…)
- Recruiting strategy for the project.
- The journey to become a HubSpot featured partner.
Thank you to our amazing podcast team at Content Allies! Want to launch your own B2B revenue-generating podcasts? Contact them at https://ContentAllies.com