In this episode of SaaS Connect by Cloud Software Association, Sandeep Srinivasan, Evangelism and Presales – Reseller Partners at Talkdesk at the time of the recording, but now Senior Product Manager – AI at Amazon Web Services, shares how Talkdesk got their PS (Professional Services) to break even.
Talkdesk specializes in delivering contact center software. When Sandeep joined the company in 2016, they only had 15 employees. Today, in 2021, they’ve grown to 1958 employees.
Talkdesk was named a visionary in the Gartner Magic Quadrant — the youngest company to ever show up in the Gartner Magic Quadrant, in the CKF category.
Here’s how they got their professional services to break even, and how they recommend other companies can do it too:
- They implemented three important levers for service operations:
- Sales alignment and predictability
- Quality of implementation (being mindful of your customer’s needs)
- Capacity and utilization
It is even better when you can turn the above three levers into a process.
- Services partners strategy to grow the business:
- Types of partners (channel partners, value resellers, and ISV partners.), and different phases: phase 1 is education, phase 2 is field engagement shadowing, and phase 3 is going direct and giving partners projects to do on their own.
- Bringing it all together:
- Partner strategy
- Sales strategy
This presentation is from a 2019 SaaS Conference.
Thank you to our amazing podcast team at Content Allies. Want to launch your own B2B revenue-generating podcasts? Contact them at https://ContentAllies.com.