In this episode of SaaS Connect by Cloud Software Association, Dustin Howes, Sr. Affiliate Manager at PeopleConnect, who boasts more than 12 years experience in the industry, shares the pillars for starting a SaaS affiliate program in 2022.
PeopleConnect is a company that develops tools to connect people.
The conversation includes:
- The first step when acquiring a new program.
- Determining whether a business is ready for an affiliate program. Tip: a good indication is revenue. For example, Dustin says he would never take on a client in the ecommerce space unless they make $50,000 in revenue each month because brand recognition gives power to an affiliate program. However, for SaaS companies, they should be making $10,000 per month in revenue.
- What is a listicle and how it can help when you’re considering setting up an affiliate program.
- The roadmap to setting up a new affiliate program.
- Recommended affiliate program networks for SaaS.
- Getting company buy-in to start with affiliate marketing.
- Benefits of starting an affiliate program.
- Why “set and forget” is not an option.
- One-time vs. recurring commission.
- Recommendations on affiliate backlinks.
- A strategy hack to fix bad reviews!
- Common mistakes people make when starting an affiliate program.
- Affiliate recruitment tactics: If you want the “difference-makers” to join your program, you’re going to have to offer personalization.
- Benefits of high and low volume affiliates.
- Commission Junction
- Performance Partnerships: The Checkered Past, Changing Present and Exciting Future of Affiliate Marketing by Robert Glazer (book)
- Rank Math
Thank you to our amazing podcast team at Content Allies. Want to launch your own B2B revenue-generating podcasts? Contact them at https://ContentAllies.com.