In this episode of SaaS Connect by Cloud Software Association, Jan Soerensen, General Manager North America for Nosto—a personalization platform for online retailers to increase engagement and revenue—shares the “do’s and don’ts” when attempting to partner with ecommerce platforms such as Magento and Shopify.
With more than 100 employees, this B2B2C company has learned what works and what doesn’t, and Jan offers the secrets they’ve cultivated over the years:
- Where to slot in your technology with personalization tools.
- Strategic trends and tips with regards to ecommerce platforms, and how Nosto got into the good graces of big ecommerce platforms like Magento:
- How big platforms approach ecommerce.
- Treat them like an ecosystem.
- They want dedicated products.
- When you can expect to start seeing ROI and the level of commitment required.
- They won’t commit to marginal revenue increases, and what they will commit to.
- App stores are usually business units with their own revenue targets, and how Nosto has approached them.
- Business case for joining paid partnerships.
- How to win over the Magento platform:
- Make it very easy for them to jump in; they must see the benefits.
- Offer best-of-breed combined marketing.
- Understand who is making decisions that impact your business, and manage those relationships.
- Market yourself internally at the platform, and how.
- Tackle marketing and sales separately on the Magento platform.
- The badge is your leverage.
- How Nosto handles integration across the entire ecommerce technology stack and what works well.
- Flight Club
- Helly Hansen
Thank you to our amazing podcast team at Content Allies. Want to launch your own B2B revenue-generating podcasts? Contact them at https://ContentAllies.com